Welcome to the PTA web page.
Chair: Annette Donnelly Vice Chair: Beverley O’Shea
What is the PTA ?
At Bishop Challoner Parent and Teacher Association (PTA) we aim to:
- Encourage closer links between home and school.
- Support the school by fundraising and holding social events. Funds raised by the PTA help provide the school with additional equipment/ resources for staff and students to enjoy.
How is the PTA Organised?
- Parents/carers and staff of Bishop Challoner School are automatically members of the PTA and everyone is welcome to attend PTA meetings or to help out whenever they are able.
- The PTA committee is made up of a Chairperson, Treasurer, Secretary and Ordinary members.
- Meetings are held every 4-6 weeks. New members and ideas are always welcome.
Activities the PTA have Organised
- Trip to JJ’s for Year 7 & 8 Students
- Film Night for Year 9 Students
- Refreshments for Presentation Evenings
- Refreshments for Mock Interview Evening as part of the school’s Careers programme
Items Funded by the PTA
- Camping equipment for Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Artist to work with students who produced an Art installation commemorating the school’s 40th Anniversary
- Crosses for the Pope Francis Wing
We welcome new ideas and suggestions, please, please help support the PTA and the school in anyway you can.
All help is greatly appreciated!