Top ten tips for homework support:
- Get into a regular pattern of homework time and be consistent with breaks.
- Set realistic goals over the course of an evening for each piece of homework.
- Always use Satchel.One for specific information on each piece.
- Check Satchel.One regularly to ensure your child is also accessing it on a daily basis.
- Ensure they have a good learning environment at home – ideally they should have a quiet, well-lit place to study with interruptions kept to a minimum.
- Oversee social media usage – this should not interfere or distract them from the homework process.
- Give plenty of praise.
- Avoid the battleground – set up clear homework rules that you all agree with and stick to them.
- Talk to your children about their day, their classes and the work that is expected of them and what your role can be to support them.
- Respond positively when they ask for help. Ask exactly how you can help and if you can’t help immediately say when it’s convenient.
- Always make the time.
We use Satchel:one for the setting of homework, it offers a clear and consistent approach about what needs doing and by when, so that time can be managed appropriately.
As always, if there are queries about home-learning tasks please contact the school, directing this to the form tutor and/or subject teacher in the first instance.
Any problems with logging in can be dealt with directly by Satchel:one.
You can sign into Satchel:one by clicking or tapping HERE – the page also has information on how to reset your password and other issues you may encounter.